The Process Engineer will manage process projects from concept phase through commissioning. This person will interact with plant teams, process equipment, packaging vendors and R&D. This individual will participate in requisition and management of capital authorization requests and is accountable for project spending.
· Manage process projects from concept phase through commissioning.
· Ensure products meet marketing requirements, conform to quality specifications and manufacturing performance goals.
· Assist in developing a master plan for manufacturing process through capacity analysis, equipment sizing & layouts, as well as utilities needs for future growth
· Write equipment process specifications, assess process equipment proposals from suppliers and make recommendations for enhancements and investments
· Concentration on continuous improvement efforts by interfacing with all concerned parties regarding specification standards and R&D for ongoing improvements to product and package system designs.
· Prepare technical proposals for feasibility study for new concepts, launch of new products with business inputs from Marketing, Sales and Supply Chain
· Ability to travel both domestic and international
· BS Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical Engineering
· Minimum 5 years processing experience in consumer packaged goods industry; preferably in food
· Strong Project Management skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to lead and bring closure to open issues
· Strong financial and analytical skills
· Basic skills in AutoCAD, MS Project, and other business software
· Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously